Automatically deal with obs whose coordinates are 0, 0

Great, thanks, looks like the null validation is live and there aren’t new observations coming in at 0, 0.

I was trying to test out what exactly happens when I try to make an observation at 0, 0 on Android, and it looks like it just won’t upload the observation. Weirdly though, it totally disappears from my list of observations, so I’m also not able to find it in order to try editing the location, or even just to delete it, in order to make the “Sync 3 observations…Upload” message go away. I had made 3 observations trying to see if adding a different date, or adding an ID that I could search for would make it appear. But searching for the ID I added (human) still does not show the new/“null” location observation in my list of observations. Samsung S7 using 1.12.4 (363).

Short version: I tried to add an observation at 0, 0 on Android, but now I can’t find it on my app.
(cc: @kueda @budowski)

There are around 950 observations, from before that went live, that still need to be marked as location inaccurate: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/identify?reviewed=any&quality_grade=research%2Cneeds_id&order=asc&project_id=null

Here’s the message I’ve been using if anyone wants to help out:

Hi, it looks like the location was accidentally saved at coordinates 0,0 — in the Atlantic Ocean! :) To add a location, click the “Edit” button, and use the map to drop a push-pin to more accurately depict where you were when you made this observation. Even just a general location is helpful. For now, I marked this observation as having an incorrect location in the Data Quality Assessment section, so please reply here letting me know once you’ve fixed it. Thanks!