Bug or feature? Unexpected behaviour of "Duplicate" ... duplicated observation is refound in Antarctica

Well i sometimes “Duplicate” observations, especially when I found several critters on the same plant. My first step is to upload an observation of the plant, and then I duplicate this observation of the plant. Later i add the photos of the critters (to the duplicates of the original plant observation) and last I rearrange the photos, so that the plant (the habitat of the critters) becomes the last shot in the observation of the critters.
Well i got used to the fact that i can duplicate every observation only once (and then have to close and reopen it) … as otherwise the pictures of the plant get lost. But now i found out that also the comments can get lost during duplication … and in this observation some random numbers obviously invaded the coordinates during the duplication process:
(its not a nice observation - a dead caterpillar - so do not open if a dead caterpillar offends you) https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/36760611
place says still Puerto chiquito, Dominican Republic but the coordinates and the accuracy are a little off.
(am using the website with firefox as browser on a windows system)

i think the only way this could have happened is if you accidentally shifted the point of the observation to Antarctica. i doubt this is a bug in the system, and even if it is, unless it can be reliably reproduced, it will be really difficult to troubleshoot, i bet.

Well will fix the wrong coordinates manually now. Had left them as they came out, as i thought this might help.

I’ve never had this happen, but if it does happen again please let us know.

have you encountered any additional instances of this problem? if not, it might be time to close out this bug report…

Please send me a message or open up a new report if this is issue persists.