CNC 2024 areas with no observations

Areas competing at CNC 2024 don´t grow themselves. They have to be created by a human being. So I am just curious how it than could happen that some areas have just zero ! observations, or only very, very few!

This question would best be addressed by directly asking either the global organisers at CityNatureChallenge.org, or the relevant local organisers. There are a myriad of possible reasons, including extreme bad weather that hit during the weekend, lack of communication by organisers/people who signed the city up to the event, or just plain disinterest after initially signing up. Each city would probably have a different reason, so impossible to characterise it as one driver

1 Like

Who is the organiser on the project for ‘that area’ ?
Probably hugely disappointing all round :sob:

1 Like

I believe city organizers sign up as far as a year in advance, so it’s pretty easy for me to imagine someone signing up and then their situation changing. I would be curious to know if the main organizers ever drop anybody.

In my area there’s enough of a regular iNat user base that any weekend has at least some observations, whether an event is going on or not. Clearly that’s not the case for everyone.

1 Like