Difference Between C. Crocata and C. Descripta Antmimic Spiders

I am trying to learn what distinguishes C. Crocata and C. Descripta, and on Bugguide it has been mentioned that on the Posterior Tibia there are white lines for C. Descripta. Apparently, C Crocata lacks these lines. When looking at both species, however, I fail to see these white lines on the Posterior Tibia. Can anyone give some tips as to how to see these lines or other differences between the two?

Thank you!

Here is a link to a related observation (not mine): https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/3424795

The “stripes” are lengthwise, along the sides of the tibia. So they’re sometimes difficult to see from above, and on the black legs sometimes look like highlights instead of white lines.

1 Like

Scientific names are usually only abbreviated if they had been previously mentioned in the text. There’re several million scientific names so abbreviating them like this is a miscommunication and is disrespectful to the reader who has to use the context (or click the link in this case) to find out the full name. Also, the specific epithet (the second part of the name) must be in lower case.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.