Guides feature will not be accepting the initiation of new guides

When you state that the guides are an “as is” feature and no upgrades will be done, does that mean to technical support will be provided to this feature, or does it mean to people, don’t bother starting a guide, as you cannot add it to iNaturalist anyhoo, and if you start one it will be a waste of time. If this is the case, can you please state that as well.

Platform (Windows):

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, (Firefox,) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

I’m not quite sure what the bug is from your bug report. But to try to answer what I think you are asking

• you can still create new guides and they will be visible to other users
  • you can still edit content in existing guides
  • the site will not be doing any additional development work on guides, this includes anything in terms of new features or fixing any issues found in them
  • the site has on numerous times said they do not plan to delete the guides functionality or guides done on the site, they just will not allocate any resources to them
  • you are free to create and use guides as they are
4 Likes

Hi there
Thank you for your reply. I was wondering, as I started a guide, and did some work on it, and now when I have some time again, cannot find it again to continue. So that’s why I was wondering if new guides could not be started.

Thanks so much Guides seem like quite wonderful tools. I will look some more for the one I started. I didn’t get to publish stage but I did save it.

2 Likes

Not sure if you found it or not but there is a tab on the opening screen of guides that says “By you”. Select that. If you have saved it, there should be a draft there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.