I want to know how to put or transfer my own observations already registered in iNaturalist site database to a project without upload new photo and informations.
How can I transfer my own observations already registered in my profile to a project directly
I assume you are talking about a traditional project where observations have to be added manually? (Collection projects pull them in automatically if they fit the project criteria.)
The way I do it (on the website - not sure how this would work with the phone apps):
- Join the project if you haven’t done so yet.
- Go to “Edit Observations” in your account.
- Click on “Batch Edit”
- Select the checkboxes on the left for the observations you want to add to the project.
- Click on “Add to Project” and choose the appropriate one from the pull-down list of projects you’ve joined.
I can’t speak to the iPhone app, but on Android here is how it can be done:
- Join the project if you haven’t done so yet. You can do this from Projects in the “hamburger” menu in the app.
- Open the observation (singular, I haven’t found a way to batch edit in the app) that you want to add to projects
- Tap on edit pencil
- Tap on the “Add to Project(s)” field and choose the appropriate one(s) by scrolls the list of projects you’ve joined or typing in a word on the project’s title.
- After selecting the project(s) , tap the checkbox on the project seletion screen to save the projects you added to the observation
- Tap the checkmark in a green circle to save the changes to your observation.
- Wait for sync/cleanup
- If there are more observations to add to projects, repeat steps 2 - 7
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.