How can I transfer my own observations already registered in my profile to a project directly

I want to know how to put or transfer my own observations already registered in iNaturalist site database to a project without upload new photo and informations.

I assume you are talking about a traditional project where observations have to be added manually? (Collection projects pull them in automatically if they fit the project criteria.)

The way I do it (on the website - not sure how this would work with the phone apps):

1. Join the project if you haven’t done so yet.
  2. Go to “Edit Observations” in your account.
  3. Click on “Batch Edit”
  4. Select the checkboxes on the left for the observations you want to add to the project.
  5. Click on “Add to Project” and choose the appropriate one from the pull-down list of projects you’ve joined.
8 Likes

I can’t speak to the iPhone app, but on Android here is how it can be done:

1. Join the project if you haven’t done so yet. You can do this from Projects in the “hamburger” menu in the app.
  2. Open the observation (singular, I haven’t found a way to batch edit in the app) that you want to add to projects
  3. Tap on edit pencil
  4. Tap on the “Add to Project(s)” field and choose the appropriate one(s) by scrolls the list of projects you’ve joined or typing in a word on the project’s title.
  5. After selecting the project(s) , tap the checkbox on the project seletion screen to save the projects you added to the observation
  6. Tap the checkmark in a green circle to save the changes to your observation.
  7. Wait for sync/cleanup
  8. If there are more observations to add to projects, repeat steps 2 - 7
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.