Identification status not updating on a mobile app

Hello,
why identification status is not updating on my mobile (but it does on my website account).
For example I am putting a taxon identified to the genus level (eg. Ramalina sp.). Later on, thanks to my own ‘investigation’ :) or thanks to other suggestions, the taxon is identified to the species level. This change is visible on my INat website, but the status is not updating on my mobile (it is still Ramalina genus).I reported it frequently with many different observations, and it is quite annoying.
Shall I change settings of my account or something?
Thanks for Your help
Tomasz

This happens to me too sometimes.

2 Likes

Hi Tomasz, welcome to the iNat forum! Could you share screenshots and URL examples? Does it still show the old identification after you refresh the app? (tap and drag down from the top of the screen)

Hello @bouteloua ,
See for example this observation:
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/151229092
It is Sedum album, but in the app it is still shown as Sedum sp. (See screenshot).
Refreshing app does not help.
Tomasz

Ok, thanks! And just to confirm, by “refreshing” the page, you are tapping and dragging down until the little arrow in the circle appears?

1 Like

Yes. And the problem also appears in some old observations. So even frequent closing and opening of the app does not solve the problem.

Can you try to refresh again and, if it fails, send log files to help@inaturalist.org?

To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

1 Like

@tiwane Thanks, I have sent You the log files.
Tomasz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.