iOS app startet nicht mehr / iOS app crashing on launch

Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing. I deleted and reinstalled several times during the day to see if it had been fixed, but it hadn’t. Is there a way to know when this has been addressed? Is there any more info I should provide? Thanks.

iPhone 8, iOS 13.1.3

Also having this issue.

Same problem as people above. App crashes as soon as I try and access my photo album to upload a photo. Deleting and re-installing app doesn’t help. Using iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.1.3 and iNat 2.8.1, build 538.

Hey folks, thanks for the reports and I do apologize about the crashes. We don’t need any more info at the moment, but @alex is planning on putting out a test build in the next few hours and it would be really helpful if a few of you could test it out for us and let us know if it fixes the crash. Please email alex@inaturalist.org to get on the beta test list.

1 Like

Same problem: quits on launch. I see the splash screen for a moment and it’s gone.
iOS 13.1.3
iPhone 11 Pro
I have tried re-installing the app.

1 Like

Alex is hoping to have a fix tomorrow, @rotifer.

2 Likes

Good luck ;)!

Having the same issue! iOS 13.1.3 / iPhone XR/ Have offloaded/ reinstalled app several times. Issue persists.

Same issue here! IPhone XR running iOS 13.1.12- guess I need to update, but not optimistic it will fix the bug.

I’m running an iPhone 7, iOS 13.1.3 and reinstalled, the app is still crashing.

(add English translation to title)

Same issue here running on iPhone SE (Model A1723) on the latest version of iOS 13.1.3.

App crashes upon opening.

I’ve re-installed iNaturalist and no luck. Any other suggestions welcome!

Everyone, I think Alex has the iOS iNat app fixed. Try installing it again and let iNat know if any more problems. Nice response, iNat!

@janetwright are you a beta tester? the latest fix has not been released publicly into the App Store, but we plan to today.

I just tried deleting the app and downloading again and it’s working for me now.

1 Like

Oh sorry, yes I was a beta tester. First time doing that, didn’t know how it worked with the store. Got it now.

No worries! I’m glad the beta version is working for you. :-)

Version 2.8.2 has been released and should fix this. Is anyone else experiencing it after updating the app?

1 Like

Fixed! Thx!