iOS app startet nicht mehr / iOS app crashing on launch

Seit gestern Abend startet die iNaturalist-App auf dem iPad (aktuelles iPad Air) nicht mehr. Die App wird kurz geöffnet und schließt sofort wieder. Im App Store ist zu sehen, dass es gestern ein Update der App gab.
Neustart des iPad, neue Installation der App bringen keine Besserung. Auf dem iPhone funktioniert die App.

1 Like

Which version of iOS is your iPad running?

iPadOS 13.1.3

1 Like

Me too, iPhone X, iOS 13.1.3. Starts to open but crashes. I re-installed the app, but this did not help.

2 Likes

And this is an iPad? Which one?

Same problem for me. Immediately upon launch app crashes. Never opens. Before this happened it was having trouble loading a picture from Photos for a new observation. I was getting a error message but now I can’t remember what it was. I deleted the photo, deleted the app and did a reinstall. Only thing different is I updated my Mac to macOS Catalina.

Was working fine even with both new system updates.

1 Like

1 Like

Same here. iPhone 6s, OS 13.1.2. Tried reinstalling app and restarting phone. App crashes 1 second after opening.

I have been having the same issue as well, on the latest update (does it on my iPad Pro, not sure on iphone yet).

I have the same issue on iphone Xs Max with iOS 13.1.2 and same issue on 13.1.3

It “crashes“ immediately after the splash screen, though it appears to be running in the background. when foregrounding, the splash screen shows again then disappears (just like startup crash).

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling with the same results.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jbharrison. Sorry you are also dealing with that issue.

1 Like

Same here. iPhone iOS 13.1.3.

Same with me too. I’ve tried restarting my phone, updating ios, and deleting/reinstalling the app. It still just crashes immediately. This only happened today after I updated the app. Was working okay out in the field yesterday.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just updated to OS 13.1.13 and the app started working again.

1 Like

Hmm. I’m using iOS 13.1.3 on my iPhone XS and iNaturalist version 2.8.1 build 538 opens up fine, and I can import photos without any issues, so it doesn’t seem to affect everyone. I’m sorry the app is crashing for some of you. We’ll keep on investigating this today.

2 Likes

I just updated to 13.1.13 and app still crashes then hangs open in background. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @lukerangewalker and @peterak100. Sorry you are joining us because of this issue though.

1 Like

Same issue, app crashes immediately, running iOS 13.1.3

Same issue, app crashes immediately, running iOS 13.1.3 on an iPhone Xs. Deleted, reinstalled app. no change. Deleted, shut down iPhone, restarted, reinstalled, no change.

Going into withdrawals. ;)

Same here! Updated to 13.1.3 and have uninstalled and installed app. Crashes without opening. I have an iphone Xr