Is there a way to unsubscribe from the "project observation requirements changed" emails?

I am a “member” of a project, and I want them to have access to my hidden coordinates. For the past month, I have been getting daily (sometimes multiple times a day) emails titled, “Project observation requirements changed for…” I don’t know if these emails are a glitch or if the project managers are truly making daily changes, but I would like to not receive these emails anymore (but I also still want project managers to have access to my hidden coordinates). Is there a way to do this?

Edit to add: the emails don’t specify what changes have been made, so it’s hard to verify if it is a glitch or not. If I knew it was a glitch, I’d file this under bug reports.

Have you reached out to the project owner/admins to see if they have been changing any of the requirements?

I’d have to double check but I’m pretty sure you can’t opt out of these, they’re meant to alert you in case the project owner/admins pull a bait and switch, which is pretty important. You can always leave the project for now and tell them you’ll re-join once they’re done making changes.

1 Like

Will do.

If they haven’t, then it’s likely a bug, happy to look into it. If you don’t want to share the specific project publicly, you can email help@inaturalist.org.

1 Like

It’s the USFWS National Wildlife Refuge project. I was being vague because I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to publicly “call out” a project (not that they are doing anything wrong, even if they are changing the project requirements daily for some reason).

OK. Considering we received a similar email about this issue for that project and no other collection project, I suspect this is due to actual changes being made to that project, and not a bug.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

The project admin confirmed they were making updates:

I am updating location boundaries to reflect the latest geographical boundaries for refuges and I have updated quite a few so far.

Sounds like all is in order and I will temporarily remove access to hidden coordinates and regrant permissions once the changes are done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.