Nature-inspired Comics?

Not a comic, but…

27 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/ruthe.de A lot of nature inspired comics, mostly in German

1 Like

Source unknown.
The “stages” of the pasta are macaroni, conchiglie, farfalle, the last meaning “butterflies” in Italian.

41 Likes

from SMBC comics

39 Likes

I love this one – there is a lifetime of wisdom here. Brilliant in 4 panels!

(Referring to the one of the grackle, from “falseknees”. I must be “replying” wrong, my replies end up at the bottom instead of nested under the post I meant to reply to.)

Hey there duckdodgers of animalsoftheapple.com, I read all your strips and really enjoyed them! I love the way the narrative is creatively laid out on the page. Dancing with cockroaches, alligator in the sewer, oysters (I am crazy about oysters)… thanks.

1 Like

Another SMBC – note that if you go to the website, there’s a bonus hover-text and also an extra panel if you click the red button

12 Likes

Not really a comic, and perhaps only tangentially nature-inspired, but it takes me a lot of effort to not see the gnome in full rain gear

in the announcement of the new lists
which you should check out if you haven’t. It’s better than the old lists.

19 Likes

Now I can’t un-see it, it’s forever a fish-gnome :joy:

6 Likes

Not a comic, and not even really intended to be funny, but I liked it so I’m posting anyway :grin:

From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oT6ER8tmjI

10 Likes

Carcinisation rules though. :laughing:

6 Likes

My friend Sylvia Odhner makes Don’t Get Any Ideas, which often deals with ecological issues…not every frame, but a lot of them. Here’s a highlight of two sequential strips that I loved (shared with her permission):

I am a bit sad because she did an experiment to see if she would get enough funding to continue updating it weekly long-term, and she hasn’t gotten enough, so the comic likely won’t continue being updated weekly indefinitely. But I also think she’s already created quite a few nice standalone strips that could reach people and get messages across if they were shared in the right places.

15 Likes

14 Likes

24 Likes

https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4266

8 Likes

I remember the first time I went mothing with @kueda. I told my dad what we were doing and he said “make sure you don’t run into any weirdos out late at night”. Ken-ichi and I assured him we would definitely be the weirdest people out there.

15 Likes

Ha! Great story. I’m definitely looking forward to wearing my white iNat t-shirt to go mothing this spring, not sure if that makes me more or less weird…

1 Like

It’s not a humorous comic, but I really loved Clan Apis by Jay Hosler.

1 Like

From this tweet, celebrating their 700th iNat observation:

40 Likes

Lol… I was literally bending down to look closer at a pholcus behind my toilet, when my last phone fell out of my chest pocket and straight down the toilet! Maybe I should have had phone in hand to make an observation, and then it wouldn’t have cost me $300!

7 Likes