Newly uploaded obs "lose" location and ID after recent update

date stays, but added ıd and locatıon are gone when you try to upload new obs after new update. (updated yesterday, never experıenced thıs before that)

actually the date is gone too.
really annoying.

@kastani so you uploaded this observation and when the upload was finished this is what was displayed? If you sign out of the app and sign back in, does it still display this way?

The next time this happens, can you immediately send a log file to help@inaturalist.org? To send a log file, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log file to us.

@tiwane thanks for the response!
yes, that’s what displayed, signing out/back in does not help. also in the app date of such obs is shown, but web version just says “the past” even after correction in the app.

unfortunately, i can’t send logs, due to some issues with my phone storage - it just displays an empty e-mail.

but i’ve noticed one condition on which date/id/location data gets lost presistently - it’s when you add an obs to the project in the app.

S90724-123714(1)

Any project in particular? As many specific details as possible that we can use to try and replciate this on our end is really helpful. Any URLs of observations affected by this? If possible, it would be great if you didn’t edit one of these erroneous observations so we can take a look.

Is this still happening for you @kastani?

Please send me a message or open up a new report if this is still an issue for you. Thanks!