Observations "hiding" in other observations; Share your examples!

There was an example above showing a chain of four. However, that was solely fungi and a host plant, so if a virus and virophage were included in the chain that could get us to six …

1 Like

a small bug hidden on the right side

a crab under the green heron

11 Likes

I didn’t notice this ant until I was going through my images on a computer. Both the leaf-footed bug and the ant are apparently sucking on the plant’s juices. This is a cropped version of the photo I used for the observation of the leaf-footed bug.

11 Likes

In the background of this observation, a Spotted Sandpiper can be seen!

This sandpiper was at this pond for around a month. I saw it one three separate occasions. It couldn’t help but photobomb!

https://inaturalist.ca/observations/138520457

11 Likes

You’re not the only one who has been photobombed by spotted sandpipers. A month ago I photographed a jacana and then realized there was one of these professional photobombers sneaked in.

1 Like

not really hiding. just strutting donw the petal like it owns the flower

14 Likes

They’re so full of character, they can photobomb any photo they want!

1 Like

keeled treehopper with ant moving over it. don’t know if the ant is a herder or just passing through.

would have discarded this one if not for the hitch hikers (?) just above the swamp sparrow’s eye. mites? ticks?

9 Likes

Amazing shot!

1 Like

Mallards hiding behind a another mallard (not a goose).

Not sure if this counts, but here’s a Eurasian collared dove right in front of a flock of captive flamingos.

5 Likes

All of them are mallards on your pic.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a goose.

Oops! My bad. Is it a different breed?

1 Like

It’s a domestic duck, not sure about those in the background, the right one looks quite light, but can be just because of moult.

2 Likes

You’ve got a wild-type Mallard on left, maybe a Buff Orpington in the middle, and an American Pekin on the right.

2 Likes

Thanks! I don’t know too much about duck breeds.

1 Like

Northern Parula with a praying mantis egg case

14 Likes

Like eating a case of tic tacs!

Orchid flower closeups I took in the last 3 weeks or so often seem to have the tiniest insects on them… the entire insect maybe 1 or 2 mm long…

9 Likes

Green winged teal trying to blend in with a flock of Dunlins, but I don’t think it’s working out too well. :rofl:

13 Likes