One Hour on iNat

That’s a lot for ten minutes!

2 Likes

Disappointed I missed out on creating a line to Iceland!
Be interesting to see how much of the globe we could light up with a concerted effort.

5 Likes

Thanks for going to the trouble @loarie. Fascinating, I love the way it raises all kinds of questions as I rotate it. None of them really need answers of course, but the fun is in a whole new way of looking at the effort that everyone is putting in on iNat.

5 Likes

How about for that post CNC period when everyone is focused on IDs anyway?

3 Likes

@loarie Very good to see that, around 7am for me, I’m generally on iNat a bit later than that :(
But some Australian activity at that hour, especially around Melbourne.

Thanks!

Well, a certain good photo of an obvious adult muskrat has taught us that you never know how many agreeing IDs you’ll need to keep Research Grade.

3 Likes

True!!

I typically add a supporting ID when I’m adding annotations (which I’m passionate about). Doing so simultaneously confirms the ID and allows me to filter it so that I don’t go over observations I’ve already annotated. (Yes, you can just click the “reviewed” box, but that takes more scrolling and is easy to forget.) It also helps in situtations where a lot of novice users have agreed with a CV ID (e.g., when an educator has their whole class use iNat for a project), just to show that an experienced user has signed off on the RG status.

One of the beautiful things about iNat is that we enjoy a good balance of identifiers who focus on the coarse IDs and unknowns, and those who focus on species-level IDs for the groups they’re most familiar with. I enjoy both of those things, but usually only have time for the latter.

1 Like

Can be useful in combination with the search field without_ident_user_id to search for only RG observations that haven’t been reviewed by a local expert

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.