"All subspecies added to the database" applies to wrong taxon on taxon page

Why does the green? (I’m colour blind, I think it is green) applied at the side of the genus now say ‘all subspecies added to database’. I’m pretty sure that has read all species in the past.

1 Like

Sorry, here it is in English

Depends on the group. Some frameworks only cover down to species and some go down to subspecies.

It just seems kind of inaccurate/misleading in some cases, such as this genus also in the yew family which has no subspecies to enter, yet the label indicates they are there
https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/129802-Austrotaxus

Hmm, yeah. Maybe the tab should indicate which parent is the taxon actually considered complete? I think in this case it’s Pinopsida, so this instead?

1 Like

Maybe this could be a feature request. I agree that it’s a bit misleading.

If it is extremely necessary to use these green arrows, they mus be personalized to fit each taxon level, otherwise their message are not only misleading but also untrue. And when the parent has no children no arrow is needed.

1 Like

But if these green arrows are pointing to the class taxon as a foreknowledge that all species in this class are introduced to the sub-specific level, they have acceptable meaning. In this case it is not necessary to point with these arrows separately every species, especially those, which are monotypic and have no subspecies.