Batch edit submissions to a project

It appears there’s no easy way to batch-edit submissions to a project, which would be useful for when projects are using new fields, or you have more information. While I could do it by just going into my own observations and batch-editing those, it means picking them out, which can get really tedious when there’s a lot of them I want to add fields to.

Just in case, I should mention that I posted a thread here about it, since I was checking to see if there was a way to do it already: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-do-you-batch-edit-your-submissions-to-a-project/6048

I agree, and it seems like this would be a fairly straightforward enhancement, by just adding a Project box to the Search filter in the Edit Observations window.

2 Likes

@tanyuu Can you be a bit more specific (using examples) of how the ideal workflow for you would be for this?

Sorry about the delayed response!

Hm. I’d say the best option, at least for me, is having a box on the search filter page when I manage observations through the website. Then, I can search for observations submitted to a specific group and use the ‘batch edit’ function that’s already there to apply a field.

1 Like

Ah, OK. I’ll see if this is something we can do, but we may not make any changes to the Edit Observations page until it’s totally revamped.

1 Like

That makes sense! Good luck on the revamp project!

1 Like