Unable to view or select a pinned location on the mobile app at first, if not already created on the desktop

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):
Android
App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings):
inaturalist 1.20.11 (442)
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1:
Add observation; choose image; under 'What did you see?" select species, etc
Step 2:
Selection location, click on ‘kebab’ menu, select ‘Choose Pinned Location’: No pinned locations shown (until I went and created them on the desktop first…).

[It now appears that having created a couple of pinned locations on the desktop, I can now create and view pinned locations on the mobile app…]

Welcome to the Forum!
That’s a curious scenario, and I’m not familiar with it. Still, I’m there will be a good answer shortly from someone more knowledgeable .

I’m not sure what the bug is here? If you haven’t created a pinned location, then you can’t choose one.

In the kebab menu, choose “Pin Current Location” if you don’t have any pinned locations. Once you pin one, it will show up in the “Choose Pinned Location” menu.