Unjustified obscured location

I have entered an observation of Ursus thibetanus (72183508). The place was the Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre near Luang Prabang in Laos. The name of that place implies (at least in my opinion) that my object was not in the wild but captive (which I have indicated, therefore the observation is casual). The Bear Rescue Center can be found on many web pages with exact coordinates and detailed information how to get there. Nevertheless the location is made obscured which I would like to be removed.

Taxon is vulnerable in IUCN so it will be obscured, even captive ones, otherwise you should add a flag on taxon with reasoning why all locations of observations of it shouldn’t be hidden.

4 Likes

All observations of this taxa are obscured. Captive observations are not exempt from the obscuring rule as all it would then take for someone to gain access to real locations of threatened species would be to mark it as captive.

There is no option to make open an observation whose location has been system obscured.

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.