Unusual / atypical

I’ve never seen a white henbit before, and I’m one of the weirdos who actually likes the plant. Great find!

(True story; I was buying some violets at the Denver Botanic Gardens plant sale. I keep the yard stocked with multple species of Viola for pollenators, and I love the classic violet scent. Another patron looked at my pots, wrinkled her nose, and said “you know those’ll take over your lawn, right?” I just smiled and replied “You say that as if it’s a bad thing.”)

5 Likes

I have never seen a Henbit Deadnettle before. It’s so graceful and delicate, such pretty details. It looks like a garden fountain or a presentation of fancy sandwiches at high tea.

When my children were small I had a tiny glass vase called a mother’s vase that fit perfectly on the kitchen window just in front of the sink, and when they brought me the wee flowers they picked outside, the flowers went in that vase. These would have been perfect for it. (So too wild violets.)

2 Likes

This is extremely helpful, thank you, and contains a slew of new concepts to boot. :)

(I apologize, I do not know how I missed your excellent comment until now!)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.