Uploading a batch of obs stalls in Safari - "uploading # of ## photos"

do you encounter the issue more frequently on older or more underpowered machines? particularly, do you ever encounter the issue on any machine that has 8GB RAM or greater?

i never had issues with a slow but steady connection on a machine with 8GB+ of RAM. but maybe if you have a slow and flaky connection, that could be an issue. but then you should notice other issues in iNat and other websites, frequently seeing missing images or parts of websites that are broken but which are fixed after you reload the page. does that sound like your general experience when you surf the web?

I’m encountering something very similar to the situation OP is describing…

Using firefox on a PC tho

I am a bit frustrated, as I’m in the middle of a large batch of obs. and have even more to complete following this.

@twillrichardson how are you adding dates to the observations? The console shows some malformed dates, according to Patrick. Might be nothing, but worth checking out.

Also, can you please email some of your photos to help@inaturalist.org so I can take a look?

having the same problem the last 2 days … never happened before
Firefox - up to date browser.
Images are standard phone photos, shared from folder in my documents just as normal
bulk edited date, location, general species and observations with “select all”
currently stalled on 294 of 407 and been like that for the last 2 hours

Of 407?! Please, retry with smaller amount of photographs, there’re higher chances of getting errors with so many shots. Plus Internet onnection could change through the process and that too can lead to stop in uploading.

it hasn’t been a problem before for the last year and the internet is superfast broadband

If it actually uploaded the 294 that would be something … but it just drops the lot :)