Uploading a photo fails every time

Done!

1 Like

thanks! I’m know a few other people who haven’t posted here were also experiencing the same bug. Hopefully they get it figured out soon.

1 Like

We’re pretty sure we’ve found the cause of the bug and are working on a fix. It’s likely related to this and how we store some user’s locales.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

I’m trying to catch up on old photos, and it’s really slowing me down.

If you go to Account Settings and add a locale, it would be interesting to see if that helps.

It’s fixed!

(I tried doing that in ALL CAPS, but Forum wouldn’t elt me post it, completing it “wasn’t a complete sentence”.)

1 Like

Nice, so adding/changing a locale worked?

Didn’t touch it. They fixed it on the backend, or whatever condition was causing it expired.

I experienced the same problem last night, and the problem persists as of a few moments ago (9 PM, EST). It doesn’t affect all photos, but some get the same “error” message as previous posters have shared. I’ll add that the upload appears to be initially successful, and then the photos “disappear” and are replaced with the error. The photo metadata seems to be retained even after the photo vanishes, as the photo-less observations have the correct time stamp and computer vision ID suggestions.

UPDATE: Adding the locale seems to have alleviated the issue for me, too. I’ll add a new post if the problem re-surfaces.

I just had the same problem, and adding a locale (I previously just had nothing set there) fixed it.

2 Likes

OK, the fix has been released and it should work for you regardless of your locale setting now.

1 Like