View observations by people you're 'Following' on Android App

I am really enjoying the application, and have got a few friends into tracking observations too.

One problem is that we’re not able to view each other’s observations from within the app, without going through strange workarounds. It would be great if we could see the ‘following’ tab that appears on the home tab of the website, so that we can look at observations of people that we are following.

Image attached

I agree! I’ve run into the same thing (only for the iOS app). I almost exclusively use the app, but it doesn’t have the social functionality that the website does. I’d love a “Following” feed in the app so I can see what my friends are observing and help review and confirm their records. iNat has a wonderful community side, but the app doesn’t allow you to engage in it much so it feels very solitary.

1 Like

I would also like this! I spent a lot of time looking around trying to find it, because it seemed as if it would be there, but it was not.

1 Like

I agree with this. I have been getting my whole family into iNaturalist, and we’re having a really hard time coordinating our observations so that we can easily see what the other members of our family have been taking pictures of.

1 Like

I’m new to using inaturalist. I expected the app to be interactive as you describe. If I’m out and about taking photos with my phone and making posts, I’m very unlikely to come home and sit at the computer to look up a feed that way! I hope the developers will consider adding this feature!

1 Like

That would be great! Knowing, what my friends have seen would be challenging and motivating to find new species

I would love this feature as well! I’m new to iNaturalist and I love it. Exploring observations by users would be most welcome! I could peruse my friends’ pictures as well as direct fellow enthusiasts to a “portfolio” of sorts of my own observations. Yay science!

I’m going to close this request - there are no plans in the foreseeable future to add this functionality.