External code, tools etc for working with iNat - wiki

TLDR; I started a Slack workspace for coders, ecologists, datascientists who want to work with iNat data. message me if you want to join!

Hi Everyone who’s worked on this!

It’s cool to see some energy building on the forum around visualizing and processing the iNat data.
Like others, I’ve also been interested in resurrecting the rinat package and updating it to make use of new API. The authors of the rinat pacage at ROpenSci said that they’d like to hand off the project to some more active developers. If there’s a group of people here who want to work on it that would be great.

In general, it would be awesome to have a place for coders, data scientists and ecologists that are using iNat data to connect. I have a ton of ideas about how to use the data but I don’t make time to actually work on many of them (and I’m not sure any of my ideas are that useful to others). I’m sure there’s a lot of redundancy in the features that people want so working together could be efficient.

I started a Slack workspace for this. Let me know if you think this is a good way to connect. (also if there’s already a slack or discord for this topic let me know). Eventually I’d like to host a virtual meet up on zoom.

Message me if you want to join (I’m not sure I should post invite link publicly).

4 Likes