"Wild" vs. "planted" vs. "naturalized"

This post well clarifies your point of view but, let me insist in not taking for granted that the lack of scientific background is equivalent to the lack of interest in getting more insight into a certain subject or the inability to understand certain arguments.
I think that it is often worth trying to make people closer to the knowledge of the issue of wild/non wild plants rather than risking to keep them unaware.

Not all are redundant. I really do not see the problem here.

1 Like

I said nothing of the sort.

worth trying to make people closer to the knowledge of the issue of wild/non wild plants rather than risking to keep them unaware.

I agree. Again, there was nothing said to indicate anything involved in ‘keeping people unaware’.

Not all are redundant.

No, not all, just as not all are biological terms either. That’s why there is repeated question “Which?”

Some of the terms are synonyms. Some are legal definitions, not botanical ones. Some are mutually exclusive and others can be combined with others. Some nest under other terms in their categorical ranking. It’s not an exhaustive list either. The intention was to highlight the fact that there is a great deal more nuance and complexity to these issues than is commonly recognized.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe I have misunderstood

I prefer to use the term ‘iNaturalized’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.