Adding a Category: Biodiversity & Ecology Ethics

I know that this thread is more than four years old. Mainly, I’m replying to it because since then, this has been said:

Well, then where are we supposed to go?

The iNat forums – including Nature Talk – have become my main outlet now. For a long time, I tried to engage with my Facebook network, but they just didn’t have the capacity to discuss the things that matter most to me. I don’t want to get into too much tedious detail, but after a while, my family and friends started to think that I was depressed. Maybe I was, from the inability to communicate.

Let me tell you, advising someone to see a therapist or counselor – no matter how well-meant – can feel more like “Go find someone who’s being paid to listen to you.”

This requested category, and environmental issues in general, is just what I wasn’t able to discuss with my family and friends on Facebook. I’ve tapered off Facebook and become active on these forums for that exact reason. If this category, and the Nature Talk forum, were deprecated, I would have to start over again.

1 Like