Change wording used by the system when downgrading an observation to an higher level taxa

@loarie Yes this covers it. Allowing ppl to choose the place of disagreement is what the pisum example needs to be accurate, though it’s not necessary in that the user could research which other kind of legume it is, but that would be hard. I like the separation of disagreement and agreement as it allows the user to be judicious and refrain support for taxa they’re not sure of and still get the result of disgareing with the tip.
I think this will cover a use case I mentioned in another thread,where it is not possible to add an agreeing id (to the new cid and without disgareement with some specific IDs compatible with th cid which are already present) if your I’d will be one of those to tip an observation from one branch of the tree of life to another.
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/offer-the-ability-to-choose-whether-to-hard-disagree-or-not-to-the-next-finest-level-that-the-current-identifications-support-when-one-disagrees-with-the-current-community-id/3921/7

I think the separation will accomplish what @pisum wants, in allowing people to choose what they agree and disgaree with. The prompt might include an interactive phylogeny, including all current IDs, as is provided in the example txt here, and this will remove the concern where people have to know the taxonomy already. The current status quo on obs and IDs is to know the taxonomy and I’d, or get the computer / computer vision to provide it by messing with the compare and suggestions tabs and filters.

1 Like