Change wording used by the system when downgrading an observation to an higher level taxa

UPDATE: i’m retracting my original statement here because i think it’s wrong. i think if A IDs as 7-spotted and C+D ID as Asian, that won’t get you a community ID of Asian because C+D is not >2/3rds. so if leading disagreement gets CID as Asian upon E’s ID even with B’s Insecta ID, then that seems to be the same as if B did not make an ID.

ORIGINAL: @loarie – one more (new) thought about the usefulness of the proposed Leading Disagreement. notice that in your Leading Disagreement diagram, the Observation Taxon goes to Asian after E’s ID. that’s an improvement over Branch Disagreement for sure. however, if B had simply made a comment and said that the organism was not 7-spotted (instead of doing an ID+disagreement), then i think it would have taken only C and D to make Asian IDs to make the Observation Taxon = Asian. so in a way, hashing this kind of disagreement out with comments first still might be better in some cases.

2 Likes