Climate Change: How can we stop it, how much worse can the problem get, why we need to stop this now, why I care about action and more!

Buy less. Burn less. Breed less. That last one might the toughest to tackle.

2 Likes

Oh, itā€™s easy when youā€™ve experienced several ā€˜ā€˜once in a lifetimeā€™ā€™ drastic economic disasters and are paid starvation wages, but are also usually educated enough to use contraceptives where available, no Iā€™m not a millenial killing the baby industry why

on a more serious note, providing better healthcare and womensā€™ education decreases maternal mortality. early childhood mortality, AND the average number of children a mother has. how wonderful that giving people dignity can also save the planet!

5 Likes

In more ways than one. People who live on the edge of starvation are more likely to see wildlife as just food or potential income.

5 Likes

Some ā€œcarbon farmingā€ seems to be catching on, especially with the help of grants.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/climate/article/Here-s-how-farmers-are-helping-with-climate-16282969.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=briefing&utm_campaign=sfc_baybriefing_am&sid=5f4865ffd218730fa86ab209

2 Likes

Yesterday Canada temperature was nearly 50Ā°c. In India monsoon is late ,
I think these effects are of climate change

3 Likes

perhaps. although it is important to emphasize that we observe climate change from overall changes which are the sum of global weather and climate, not from individual or anecdotal occurrences.

3 Likes

Individual occurrences are manifestation of a global phenomenon

2 Likes

In Gujrat ,India some areas which were facing drought(natural I think) are now receiving rain not from now but 20 years before and make that area green, not sound that big but it is a issue.
In Africa deserts are becoming green which in return bring swarms of locust to India and there was a lit of crop damage.
In Antarctica ice bergs are melting which increases the volume of water in sea.
European forest are facing threat by heat waves
And there are many incidents happening that are are simply ignored by us .

Note that these all occurrences can be taken as individual and simply be ignored or we can link these occurrences to predict the major threat

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.