General consensus on etiquette regarding recruiting IDs from specific identifiers?

A couple of things. I try to minimize the number of @ requests - I recognize that most people are busy and would like to minimize the number of requests to them. I don’t get a lot of requests for ID’s, so for me it is manageable if I do get some.
As well, my name may be at the top of the leaderboard on a number of moths, but it does not mean I am an expert on them. One of my goals is to get some old ID’s (some two years old) into the database (180 pages of unidentified moths just seems too much). So often, if I come across a moth I don’t know well, but research it enough to confirm the ID, I will enter that name in the search line. I recently did that for Pseudohermonassa bicarnea. I actually don’t know where that puts me as a top identifier, but I am no expert when it comes to that species. If you were to tag me for an identification, I would do so with the comment that I may not be certain about the id.
I don’t know if others work that way, and I’m always willing to help, but my name at the top of a leaderboard does not always mean that I know what I’m doing!!

3 Likes