Interesting philosophical discussion - Intuiting OP Intent vs. Research Grade

I’m the first ID’er on the observation, and this is exactly what happened. I just wasn’t careful enough to note the progression of photos.

6 Likes

In a case like this, I’d just ask the observer what the intended subject of the observation is and move on until they reply. There are many other observations to work on.

I’ve removed the link from the original post as it’s driving lots of traffic to it that I’m sure the observer didn’t intend for. For questions like this, please describe a situation rather than link to one.

3 Likes

Hey @tlit46 - good to hear from you. No worries, or course! You’re just trying to be helpful, we’ve (probably) all been there, and who doesn’t love putty root, right? I was totally there for the plant ID - I haven’t really done much with bugs. I was so close to hitting the agree button myself - and then for whatever reason I was like - wait a minute, wait a minute - I see something! It wasn’t until then I took any real look at the second or third pictures myself. And then I thought, this is an interesting situation - what to do?

2 Likes

Hey @tiwane. Thanks for the feedback on the link, and all the work you do!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.