Is anyone else doing a 'Garden BioBlitz' of their garden?

Yes, and I post about my garden frequently. I also started writing on a blog (pollinatorweb.com) and using instagram (@desert_pollinators) to talk about my pollinator garden.

I moved into this house 5 years ago and started a bird list. 4 years ago, I started reshaping the backyard and 3 years ago I became serious about re-wilding the front yard. Then, I joined iNat for the 2021 CNC and began paying attention to all of the other life in my garden. My property is about 0.2-acres (1,000 square meters) for both the house and garden and I recently exceeded 1,000 insect species on my list. This includes 20 species where I have the first and only iNaturalist records (such as the first photo of Braconidae subfamily Microtypinae earlier this year) and another 100+ that represent new state records on iNat and/or bugguide.

Photo: I am one of a handful of users to find and upload Perdita chamaesarachae on iNat

Link to other thread: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/monitoring-gardens-and-spreading-the-message/26094

Some diversity statistics from my home & garden in New Mexico:

• 16 fungi and 1 slime mold
  • 209 plants (plus or minus some dead ones or weeds I ignore)
  • 76 vertebrate animals
  • 1123 invertebrate animals, with 298 Lepidoptera and 236 Hymenoptera
10 Likes