Is there any public welfare award for outstanding iNat user?

Have you corresponded with the relevant scientist, who might publish the description of that new species? Who might mention you for your obs, and might use that photo of yours in the published paper.

4 Likes

if others won’t understand what being a top identifier on iNaturalist means, then they won’t understand what an award for being an outstanding iNaturalist user means either, right?

can you provide an example of what you’re looking for? you mentioned something about races and medals. are you just looking for something like a badge that defines a particular achievement in a standard way? for example, maybe you get a silver identification badge at 5000 identifications and a gold badge at 10000 identifications… is that what you’re looking for?

occasionally, users get profiled as part of observation of the week writeups. if that kind of thing is worth something to you, maybe you can try to submit your observations to be in the running for that. (i’m not sure what the process is for that, but maybe others will know.)

1 Like

Award itself is more persuasive than a bunch of pure data i think.
No, I don’t mean such award like game achievements, I mean those real entity award.

I will look into it. Thanks.
It seems that there aren’t yet anyone set out to describe the freshwater crab. I am asking my friend if there are any further information.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.