Nature-inspired Comics?

I have not. Not too many in these parts but rumours. They look dangerous and cuddly at the same time.

11 Likes

They buzz/vibrate like other male Aculeata (solitary wasps). Harmless and fun to hold :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

By me… Now I know I spend too much time on iNat and Flickr!

14 Likes

https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/inat-couples/18169/10

1 Like

11 Likes

25 Likes

One of my favorites, thanks!

I have this one enlarged, colored and framed on the wall in my study…

5 Likes

I’d love to see the coloured version!

It doesn’t photograph well (in a glass frame), the next time I have my scanner out I’ll take it down and scan it. Don’t see it on-line in color (not to mention how difficult it is to locate a single specific comic on-line!).

I had a New Yorker cartoon in my office in college many years ago that I’ve been trying to relocate… a large group of sandpipers is running along a beach and one has turned to his fellow and says “I forgot what we’re looking for.” Love to find that again. :)

5 Likes

3 Likes

Dude ferngully was so good!! I still have the original and it’s sequel on VHS (albeit no place to play them now that that medium has died…)

And the reason for the switch was eloquently explained by Batty: “Humans can’t feel anything. They’re numb from the brain down.”

And one of the best things about it, we didn’t really notice until hindsight: besides its environmental message, it was also trying to help remove the stigma from mental illness – the character with mental illness was one of the good guys and had a place in society.

4 Likes

“Human tails? Humans don’t have tails. They have big, big bottoms that they wear with bad shorts.”

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

Walt Kelly’s funny animal comic strip Pogo
Earth Day 1971, 53 years ago…

5 Likes

oh, I forgot to credit this, It’s from the Wumo comic strip

14 Likes

Some good ones there!

Might want to post here instead though https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/nature-inspired-memes/27300