Nature-inspired memes

I dunno… it really bothers me to see profound ignorance portrayed as humorous.

2 Likes

I had no intention in making any sort of statement: I was just trying to show cute mask-wearing birbs :)

4 Likes

Was the word birds so hard to say that people had to make it cutesy?

2 Likes

I prefer borbs myself

9 Likes

Or Birbs. Ooops, I saw that has already been mentioned. How about cobra chickens for Canada Geese?

1 Like

I think the masked canary on the left is mouldy. The unripe ones are green.

I prefer to call chidiya (in hindi langauge) which is cutest word itself means bird only :)

1 Like

It’s not difficult. Seems we do it to express affection.
https://www.wunc.org/2021-12-09/why-do-some-couples-use-baby-talk-to-communicate-with-each-other

2 Likes

This meme keeps turning up on my feed…

It never really seemed quite right to me, so I had to look it up.
Apparently it’s been such a problem both Politifact and Snopes have had to debunk…
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/nov/20/viral-image/facebook-posts-viral-wolf-pack-image-miscategorize/
Now I have to decide if I should actually correct the people that post it, or just let them live with their version of reality… :smiley:

5 Likes

I almost got motivated, but then you came :grinning:

This is similar to “swallow grieving for friend” (totally Not having a copulation with its corpse, just friends). :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

We all grieve in our own way. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I couldn’t find the OP but I remember seeing a photo of a warbler feeding a cuckoo chick as a “selfless young bird feeding a helpless elderly bird”.

5 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if we have deliberate nature fakers producing some of these memes. I still sometimes see the one with the weasel on the woodpecker’s back.

3 Likes

That one’s real.

1 Like

Does iNat-inspired count?

22 Likes

My worst meme yet

5 Likes

Maybe not strictly nature-inspired, but it spoke to me as an environmentalist:

8 Likes

I have a handful! :D

17 Likes

Stolen from NPS Facebook page