New to iNaturalist and trying to help with identifications

Yes. Two bits from me - I was able to ID to species something I had never seen or heard of before (thanks for the learning curve iNat <3) And since I have been pegging away here for 4 years, I can see what I have learned compared to my old ID which bubbles up (I used to fall for the Just Dump it in Plants. No more!)

I would say my first year was all about learning to iNat, with grateful help from this Forum. And I continue to learn, both about biodiversity and how to iNat. There are layers of closed till you open them doors across iNat. Not locked, just, come, this way …

I chew thru Unknowns, and now Pre-Mavericks (for Georgia). When I woke up to the horror of how much MORE lurks in Needs ID, I thought about how to use my time and knowledge most efficiently. So - look at the CID (Community ID) Click the What’s This? Scroll past the wall of dead text - and see where the consensus lies. Add your ID, check again - did it help? No - delete it (to avoid annoying notifications and those snarky responses).

You can, consider an obs - can’t help - Mark as Reviewed (that is for your own convenience) - Next. You can also fave or follow, where you can’t help, but would like to know What IS that?!

ID addicts (over 1K comments ;~) at IdentiFriday

Oh and any residue from your local City Nature Challenge?

3 Likes