Percentages of taxonomic groups you observe

Just curious, why do you only count the research grade observations?

Just being conservative in my approach. There are too many areas I donā€™t feel my knowledge is strong enough in,especially plants, so I generally will not agree to identifications from others on mine unless it matches what I thought it was. If Iā€™m not sure, i would rather wait and hope for another set of eyes.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad we donā€™t have any colorblind observers! More seriously, as a professional writer and as an editor of scientific research papers, I have to remind authors to consider that 8% of us ā€œformer Europeansā€ in the US are red/green colorblind. However, adding texture to the figures used on this very interesting page would probably be a real pain. Even the shades of various colors in the results were a little hard to differentiate for me, but its nice to review things like this sometimes.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a cool feature, for me itā€™s
Plants 49.6%
Insects 20.3%
Birds 15.96%
Arachnids 7.5%
Fungi 2,56%
Fin Fish 0.51%
Mammals 0.49%

Persentages for the region are hard to count though, what do you use for it other than manualky counting?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.