Recycling natural beauty: what ELSE do you do with your observation photos?

I have a few friends who do art and I’ve given them the images as references once or twice.

My phone’s lockscreen is usually “the last photo I took last that I think looks nice there” (and I can be bothered to transfer if it wasn’t taken with my phone). At the moment it’s this false blister beetle.. I’m a muppet with a point and shoot, so they aren’t usually good enough for selling or big prints.

I use digital photo frames too - I have large one in my living room and a small one at my desk at my office. And I got one for my parents and can send them updated playlists of photos every once in a while, which they like. It works out well.

Splendid! I’m a Wikipedian myself, and totally relate.

1 Like

Recently, I made a slideshow on YT with my fave butterfly photos.

https://youtu.be/s4W7NGMLDXA

2 Likes

It´s actually fun to read up on and investigate the species one observed and learn so much more about them. I do like this kind of detective work… unfortunately it also takes quite some time.
I just thought maybe I should make it my new years goal to write at least one article each month to get into the game again… should be doable.

1 Like

Well, it certainly wasn’t premeditated, but many of my iNat observations have made it into various books over the years… field guides, children’s books, specialty nature books, etc. It has been a totally unexpected thing that likely wouldn’t have occurred if my observation photos weren’t here. I’m super-grateful… especially since I am not a professional photographer. I just love nature!

/c

6 Likes

What a beauty!:heart_eyes:

Go for it. Make time. It would be worth it :)

Sometimes, these creations have more appeal to others than the creator

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.