Things that make you go hmmm

Hmmmmm…

Thats a lot of tabs buddy.

About normal when my Mongabay notification email arrives on a day when the iNat forums also get lots of posts.

My workflow is: open a tab for every thread I want to read, then close each one when I have read it.

5 Likes

Sounds like the number of open tabs make @wolfram06 go hmmm…

The term “workflow” in association with iNat or this forum makes me go “hmmmm.” Those are what I do when I’m not working or should be working.

4 Likes

But you have an (unpaid) routine when you are on iNat? Your chosen way to ID? Or whatever?

In my opinion, if you want to make any activity sound tedious, mindlessly repetitive, and not much fun, insert the word “workflow” into it. The word also sounds a bit pretentious. Just my experience as an office drone. For a hobby, I like to mix up the routine.

2 Likes

I don’t like hmmm… 's in general. It, usually, means the person on the other side is critical and does not want to say why, and has already made up their mind.

But since this thread is about different hmmm… There is a poster who only posts selfies of “self”, That makes me go hmmm…,

(i am not supposed to share the observers posts here and had to redo this post) .

No mal-intent is involved, we have messaged the observer a few times but there is no response, and we don’t want to report the observer either because a bunch of us monitor the observers posts in case the observer comes up with something interesting other than a mug shot.

2 Likes

Not confident enough to make a recommendation?

5 Likes

People who post selfies also confuse me. I’d maybe understand long time members doing it as inside joke with iNat friends but I see a fair amount with no species ID from new accounts. What’s up with that?

2 Likes

Obviously can’t speak for your experience, but the ones I’ve seen here in South Korea appear to have been from students, often in what appears to be a school, possibly trying iNat out as part of a class.

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of similar experiences lately - saw an observation for a species I’d never heard of, in my county, and clicked on it to see who had posted it. Figured it’d be an erroneous record I needed to correct.

Turns out it was observed by me, and identified by me (correctly) in 2018. I have literally no memory of ever seeing it.

3 Likes

Ha ha

maybe there aren’t 100 images of this species" so Inaturalist is getting confused.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.