Variation in Seed Size

Yeah, that’s the opposite side of the planet from where it comes from.

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t mean our boss. Our boss did go to Africa to get it because she was doing a hunting trip there. I thought you were talking about my family’s avocado trees.

1 Like

Oh man, thanks for clearing that up. I knew that modern civet poop coffee is a sham, but I had been told that the original civet poop coffee was better than typical coffee because the free-ranging civets were very choosy about the fruits they digested.

It is the coffee version of foie gras.
Wild civet will eat coffee as part of their diet. In captivity that is all they get.

Ah, easy to get crossed over when we are having two parallel conversations.

Regarding the kopi luwak… Africa is also not where it comes from. That’s about 1/3 of the planet away from the point of origin. It’s originally from Indonesia and spread to the rest of SE Asia from there in recent years as people realized there was money to be made in it.

Now there’s a company in Thailand that’s feeding coffee cherries to elephants and collecting their poop to make coffee from. I hesitate to guess what the next idea will be.

1 Like

Oh! That is what she got! From the elephants! Lol, this was a few years ago now.

The elephant coffee is from Thailand and that’s, to my knowledge, the only place that it’s being done.

Thank you for the information!

Yep. I was referring to back in the days when wild civets were consuming coffee cherries and people were harvesting the beans from their droppings. I understand that this is no longer the case, at least for nearly all the civet coffee that is sold today. I guess my question was unclear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.