What do we want from life? Developing insights from being 'naturally curious'

I do find that ‘nature’, non-human life, tends to reinforce my personal spiritual belief, that a creator exists in everything. I also believe that ritual, of any sort, gets in the way of that raw understanding. Even an Indigenous Sunrise Ceremony is, to me, a useless ceremony. I will not go into established, major Religions.

I also believe that one thing can mean many things. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance had a big influence on my outlook (come on, I’m not young!). One thing the writer talked about was that even in a binary system (computers) there is a third state - yes, no, and when the machine is switched off. Certainly for me iNat is a hobby, but it is also (I hope) a documentation of some of the overlooked life in my part of the woods, as well as being a somewhat spiritual activity as well as a fun and interesting one.
I don’t wish to impose my ideas on anyone, but I think it would be beneficial all round if Humans stopped being so destructive to the world around us. Which we seem to do, willfully or otherwise.

10 Likes