What To, and What Not To Take Pictures of, With Drones

This thread was meant to be just like “what specific species drones might be good or bad for observing”

2 Likes

I definitely agree that as a general rule, drone photos should be allowed (when ethical by not endangering or stressing out any animals), since it’s not really any different from a selfie stick or a trail camera. It’s still you interacting with nature, you’re just using a more complicated tool to do so.

2 Likes

I think using a drone should be acceptable. I say this although I consider drones seriously annoying and would rather they were all shot down.

One rule: Never, ever use a drone anywhere near a seabird colony, at any stage.

4 Likes

I personally am against Trail cams but that is not going to change anyone else’s opinion However, there should DEFINITELY be signs up around trail cams warning people who do not wish to be on camera, or who wish to relieve themselves.

I have never thought of that before, this adds a whole new dimension to the experience I could go without

1 Like

and then there are the other humans who SEEK OUT those sites to do so

2 Likes

In my opinion, using drones to access hard-to-reach rare plants and non-avian vertebrates can be very helpful, especially since going there by foot is usually much more dangerous for both the person and the habitat. Drones’ main threat is that they make LOTS of annoying noise and are harmful to birds and bats.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.