Adding Members to an Umbrella Project?

This has likely been explained in help docs and other forum posts, but I could not find the answer. I am running several traditional projects that are invite-only and included in one umbrella project. As the owner/admin of the umbrella project, do I invite members to join the umbrella project or do iNaturalist user request to join the umbrella project? I did not see an option to invite members like I did in the traditional projects. I am not sure how to get people into the umbrella project. They are members of the traditional projects I created.

3 Likes

Umbrella projects simply collate and compare existing collection or traditional projects. There is no invite functionality for collection or umbrella projects. A user’s membership in an umbrella project shouldn’t affect whether or not their observations will appear in it. There are really only two functionality-related reasons for them to join the umbrella project:

• they will be notified of new journal posts from the umbrella project
  • the umbrella project’s badge will appear on their observations if the observations are in the umbrella project’s subprojects.
3 Likes

Thanks! So how do people join an umbrella project? We are using it to inform volunteers about recent and upcoming site visits with journal articles.

(using this project as a random example)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.