Amount of "Unknown" records is decreasing

just for fun…

21 Likes

and 100+ a day = i centi fier

5 Likes

I like that bottom one, looks like a potential project header

5 Likes

maybe like this?

if you want the vector file to play around with, let me know.

if you do session for new identifiers in the future, you could call it “Ignite Your Inner Identi🔥”.

9 Likes

Or maybe “iCentiVised by the iDentifies”

1 Like

Today I saw something on the wall, and when I leaned in to look, my first thought was “Pterygota.” File that one under “too much time thinking about unknowns.”

(I also just learned you’re not allowed to leave the same comment on multiple threads…so here, that should make it different enough.)

9 Likes

while I appreciate the automatic anti-spam and moderation measures that come built in with the platform, sometimes they are a bit dumb.

3 Likes

Sorry, getting off-topic, but you just reminded me of the most annoying thing about the forum! This:

Any chance there could be an option to turn it off in PMs? It’s driving me nuts!

1 Like

*am this sentenc

[edit: apparently, that counts just fine…]

1 Like

I have never seen that.

You probably don’t try to post single-word replies. It hates those. Replies with no words at all, like a bunch of question marks in a row, also set it off. (Try replying to me with “???” and you’ll see it for sure.)

4 Likes

For me, learning that the only winged invertebrates are insects has made identifying small blobs much easier, even if I haven’t much idea beyond that.

2 Likes

Only winged invertebrates are winged insects. :wink:

1 Like

I think that’s what I meant? I don’t know. Words, they are difficult :p

1 Like

Winged insects is a subclass of insects.

1 Like

To be fair Pterygota are the vast majority of insect observations.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I’m sayng it! Better id Pterygota instead of Insecta.

2 Likes

You were correct, Melodi is just taking the same logic one further step

State of matter Life thumbnail picture return. Thank you who ever it was.

2 Likes

However, it is possibly worth remarking at this point in time the current thumbnail for Life has all rights reserved.

1 Like