An app for the iNat Forum for desktop users via Chrome

Apparently, there is an app for the iNaturalist Forum via Google Chrome that one is able to download. I found it by accident while looking at what extensions were visible on Chrome without looking at all of them. I was prompted to download the app upon clicking on the icon and after downloading; Screenshot (9)

Chrome closes the tab that had the forum open and re-opens it in the iNaturalist Community Forum App.

It makes it a bit faster to open the forum instead of having to wait for Chrome to load and grabbing the bookmark or typing it in. But to each their own. unknown

Just thought I’d provide the info and screen shots (thanks @michaelpirrello for taking specific screenshots for greater clarification and allowing me to use them) for those of you who might be interested in it.

2 Likes

Sounds cool, I’ll check it out!

Edit: I can’t find it, could you add a link?

1 Like

From what I’ve been able to figure out, the only way to download it is via the icon next to the “bookmarked” star in the screen shot.
I’m including a broader screen shot with the area it is found in circled in blue ink. Bear in mind, this is also via Google Chrome.

1 Like

(moved to #forum-feedback)

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t sure which one it should be in.

1 Like

It looks like what you’ve installed is a ‘web app’ and you can install a lot of sites like that. It works differently on different browsers but if you look in the browser menu when you’re on any site there will be an option like ‘install app’ or ‘add page to apps screen’. If the menu item says ‘add to home screen’ it is probably not installable as an app.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.