API v2 feedback

I also could not add fields in this version. Attempting to do so initiated a “loading” process but finished with no changes. I thought it was people who turned off permissions however changing out of v2 then allowed me to do it. To be more specific, this is on the observation view page on the right side of the screen where you can enter the fields and tags.

I get the exact same error, only the text that I see is [missing “en.” translation].

The number of observations, forward button, back button, and time are missing on some observations

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/82803881

with new api

with older api [ignore the map difference, I believe that is because I was not logged in for this screenshot]

That’s because of the interpolation mitigation test, not the API v2 test. Opt out of the interpolation test and you should see those parts of the UI again.

I found a bug. I can’t turn it on in the first place.

On phone – Android on Firefox 89.1.1 (Build #2015812947)

I’ll try again on my phone, and on computer, later.

Maybe adding some context to that opt in button would be nice. I guess I really had know way of knowing what opting in did until I searched the forum after seeing your reply

I’m not certain whether this is included in one of pisum’s reports, but I can’t add a fave/star to any observations from my browser (Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit)).
It appears momentarily as though it were saved (star is filled in) before reverting. Checking from my phone, the fave was not saved.

1 Like

I’ve been able to address most of the issues raised above, but this one is still dogging me. There’s some weird timing issue that only happens in v2 and I haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

1 Like

The sharing trusted coordinates feature is broken on API v2. When I look at an obscured observation by somebody who has set me as trusted to see their coordinates, it still appears obscured. If I opt out and go back to v1 they are unobscured.

I am having trouble when hiding an inappropriate comment. In API2 (only) the hidden comment appears to still be visible – I should probably use an alt account to check if it is the same for a non Curator but I frankly don’t have the spoons.

Thanks, added to the todo list.

1 Like

Tagging an observations as “No it’s as good as can be” in regards to the community taxon does not work with API V2. I tried like 5 times and it would look like it would load, but then I’d refresh the page and the checkbox was not ticked. I went back to API V1 and was immediately able to click it and have it work.

I had an issue flagging a photo as copyright infringement. When I clicked the flag icon on the main observation page, then copyright infringement and then submit, nothing happened. I waited a moment, as it often takes a few seconds, but no joy. Tried another time, still didn’t take. It worked fine from the photo information page.

Favorites aren’t saving with API2 anymore. They were working until recently it seemed.

1 Like

I don’t think they ever were. There’s some weird race condition with faves that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. Though now that you mention it, I don’t have an issue for that, so I’ll get that in the queue.

3 Likes

No, they definitely were at one point. I have been using API2 all summer and I just double checked my favs and there’s plenty I’ve added while testing this. I’ve opted out now that favorites stopped working for me, tag me once you get it working and I’ll join back, its kinda a dealbreaker for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Platform Website

Browser Chome + MS Edge

URLs https://inaturalist.ala.org.au/observations/69805837

Screenshots of what you are seeing

Description of problem

Testing API V2.

This page is using V2 of the API. Please report any differences from using the page w/ API v1 at https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/obs-detail-on-api-v2-feedback/21215

I am unable to comment or add ID as it fails to save to iNaturalist.
It seems to work when I stop testing the V2 of the API

This is a one off instance so I thought I would report.

I am seeing this problem when making any IDs or trying to add comments as well.