App uploading observations in random order

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 3.0.3 build 604

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Safari

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Make 150 plus iNat observations

Step 2: Put preliminary IDs on them, and then attempt to upload them all by hitting upload button at top of observation page.

Step 3: It used to always be the case that the observations would upload in chronological order every time I did this. However, since I got this new version of the app, the observation upload entirely in random order. Very strange. Eventually they do all upload, but I would prefer they upload in chronological order.

1 Like

Is 150 a hard threshold? i.e. does uploading 149 work normally?

Any number uploads in random sequence as far as I can tell.

Thank you for your report!
This is a known issue but Tony will (almost surely) get back to you on this.

I’ve had the same issue. Happens for any number of observations, uploading in a random order instead of the order I created the observations in. I’m also on iOS (13.4.1), using iNat app version 3.0.3 build 604

This morning I made just four observations, and when I uploaded them, these four did upload in chronological order.

I will make a larger number of obs later today and see how they upload.

3.0.4, released yesterday, should have a fix for this. Do you now have that version, @susanhewitt?

1 Like

Updated note: it turns out I do have 3.0.4 build 607 – it must have updated automatically because I didn’t do anything.

Not yet, but I did find this evening that the obs that I made this afternoon uploaded in the correct order.

Although I must say, I found the app interface was a little bit wonky in a few other ways this afternoon. I will upload 3.0.4 this evening or tomorrow morning.

Thanks!