Progress / Backlog
|Date||Resolved taxon flags||Unresolved taxon flags|
|March 13th, 2019||13,440||2,224|
|July 14th, 2019||15,605
|November 17th, 2019||18,330
Common issues are:
- Add a missing species
- Draft and commit a needed taxon swap, merge, or split
- Remove a misidentified photo from the taxon page
- Mark something as native or introduced in a certain place
- Assign a common name to be the default for a certain place
- Graft taxa that are floating out in space, not attached to the tree
- Fix the link to Wikipedia which is displayed on the About tab
If you’re unsure how to resolve a flag, you can always just skip it, or try reading through the Curator Guide, or ask your question(s) on the forum here in the Curators category. As you’re resolving flags, you can also use or modify these boilerplate responses to common taxon flags to avoid typing the same thing over and over.
*If you’re not a curator but interested in getting the tools to help with some of the tasks above, read through the Curator Guide and shoot an email to the iNaturalist staff at email@example.com. Please provide them with your username and how you would exercise your curatorial powers, such as an example or two of a taxonomic change you would like to make that abides by the policies in the guide.