Bucket Lists: If it’s Nature, Just GO

Cool!

Oh I would LOVE to got to Kruger!

1 Like

They are, but I’ve only gone to Pilansberg tho!

1 Like

Haven’t been to Pilanesberg myself yet. One day!

I love Algonquin, Tobermory to name a few but my bucketlist place would have to be Port Renfrew BC

1 Like

Oh, I LOVE Vancouver Island; it’s an amazing place. I have not seen the Western coastal part of the Island. In Victoria, I saw a troop of First Nation dancers who spoke about their western coastal lands and history; and I really wanted to go. But, we just did not have time to fit that in the trip. Sigh, I really have to go back and explore more. Port Renfew should be on my list now, too. There’s so much I would like to see Canada some day.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It’s been a while, so let me start off with a fun post.

From finding a specific species, to going to a place or doing an activity. What’s on your bucket list of things you would like to do?

1 Like

The long term bucket list?
I plan on moving to somewhere “out of winter” for my life care.
That means an entire new everything outdoors for this Michigan woman.
I’m excited!

3 Likes

Merged two posts above here and reopened thread since it was essentially the same topic.

Close to home bucket list: get a picture or audio recording of the shrews that live in my backyard! I’ve been in a standoff with these tiny dudes for a solid year. Now I finally have a camera with a telephoto lens; we’ll see who comes out on top! :laughing:

6 Likes

So sad that that this has to be long-term for you. I don’t know how people in the Midwest endure it; even North Carolina winters feel harsh to me.

For my bucket list, I have a place in the Dominican Republic where I would like to be able to stay full-time. The Dominican countryside may not have the biodiversity of its protected rainforests, and even Caribbean rainforests cannot be compared with the Amazon or Congo, but the vicinity of the Cambium community has enough nature to last me the rest of my life.

With that said, though, the Amazon was the original inspiration for my interest in the tropics, and I still haven’t gotten there. I’d like to.

1 Like

I don’t know how you guys endure lack of winter. The tropics are freaking hot and the same weather all year round would be boring.

1 Like

The Niagara River reportedly has the most species of birds traveling through and nesting in, than any other spot in Canada. The whole region still contains a lot of species diversity in flora and fauna, though the pressure is on for trying to keep wild spaces wild. But that’s true the world over, I suppose.

1 Like

The spectacular biodiversity never gets boring though.

4 Likes

I know it is quite unrealistic, at least (or rather especially) in the foreseeable future: I’d like to go to the African tropics and savannahs for a few years to study the wildlife there that you don’t really get to see a lot of in documentaries or really anywhere here (small herbaceous plants, insects, birds, lichens…).
I’d love creating an illustrated identification-key with hundreds of botanical/zoological drawings. :D

3 Likes

I don’t disagree! I want to get back to the tropics, I just can’t imagine living there.