Changes to the Agree button/functionality and addition of Markdown in comments and ID Remarks

I must be missing something. If there is already a currently correct ID such that someone would want to use the Agree button, couldn’t that person just start typing the common or taxonomic name (which is clearly displayed so one doesn’t have to remember anything) and let the correct name pop up (via auto-fill in the field) and then hit submit? Is it really that much harder than hitting agree?

Admittedly I am using desktop so I don’t know if mobile differs radically and I don’t identify many observations with an id already submitted by which ‘agree’ is an option (most of my ids have been on unknowns and the very few times I’ve used an agree button is when I’m the second suggestion).

For me, the loss of an agree button in certain situations might add 4-10 seconds on a supporting suggestion. How does this change differ for others such that it’s dismaying or a deal breaker? (not a loaded question - sincerely asking).

6 Likes