Check out this cool iNaturalist streak finder

Hi folks.

Someone made this cool iNaturalist streak finder!

As usual, jmaughn and sambiology are out there making me look lazy. :wink:

BTW, I stumbled across this in the iNaturalist Discord, which is an unofficial chat platform for iNat enthusiasts. It looks like this streak finder was made by @syntheticbee and @mapsandapps on the discord.

Happy naturalizing this weekend!

13 Likes

15 - gotta up my game.

1 Like

86ā€¦I remember that day. I had gotten pretty sick, I like to think my body went into shock after coming from a remote field camp back to civilization!

3 Likes

32, a streak from a year agoā€¦ i think i should try to beat that!

2 Likes

What if our observation stats are pretty lame and weā€™d rather look at our identification streaks? :laughing:

4 Likes

@sambiology a streak of 4 straight years (and counting!) and over 300000 identifications on the site too??? Way to make us all look bad! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

scratching neck
Gotta get my daily observations!!! ;)
continues scratching neck

9 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I only have 2 (I spend more time identifying then observing)

2 Likes

Only 23. Consistency has always been my biggest problem on iNaturalist.

2 Likes

38 from when I had a new years resolution last year to do it every day. I obviously didnā€™t make it haha. I tried again this new years but only made it to 21. My streak on ebird is still going strong. Iā€™ll break 500 here in a few days.

4 Likes

I donā€™t want to seem dense, but Iā€™m dense. What does it mean, please?

Edit: Never-mind, I see. Iā€™m going to blame old head injuries. An ā€œiNaturalist Streakā€ is a set of consecutive days on which one makes at least one observation per day.

4 Likes

Cool! Iā€™ll try and beat my previous record, which is 78 :)

2 Likes

Hi! SyntheticBee here (my Discord nick). Iā€™ve taken the original commandline tool mapsandapps webified, improved it a little bit, and plopped it into Github as bin/topinat with a bit of doc (& a lengthy TODO!). I hope to improve the tool & add more to this repo as I find more personal iNat itches to scratch.

This idea got way more attention than I anticipated! Thanks, @alex, for the mention. Nice to see all the new users on Discord via this thread.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.